This branch of paediatrics deals with infectious conditions affecting the young. These could be illnesses that are of unclear cause, have prolonged fevers or are recurrent, respiratory and bone and joint infections, tuberculosis, hepatitis, and meningitis. Ear infections, influenza, and bronchitis are also common ailments to be dealt with by paediatricians.
- Recognition, diagnosis and treatment of common and rare Tropical Infective Diseases in children
- Travellers’ advice and vaccines
- Use of antibiotics
- Infant screening for infectious diseases acquired during pregnancy
- Recognition and treatment of common and uncommon infectious diseases
- Recognition and treatment of worms and parasites