The top pulmonology department in the region
At Dubai London Hospital, we pride ourselves on having the best pulmonology department in Dubai. With a team of highly qualified lung specialists, we’re able to treat all manner of respiratory conditions and make sure you and your loved ones receive all the care and quality treatment you deserve.
Work with the best pulmonologist in Dubai
When you come to us with your lung complaint, the first thing we do is match you to the best pulmonologist for your condition. Your assigned doctor will oversee all your care, from initial diagnosis right through discharge and follow-up appointments, giving you the continuity of care and reassurance, you need.
What is pulmonology?
Pulmonology is the study and treatment of the respiratory system and all conditions which might affect it. This includes the lungs, airways, and pleura, which is the skin of the chest wall and lungs. Our respiratory systems can be quite fragile and may be affected by a number of short- and long-term conditions which can severely impact day-to-day living.
A pulmonologist will be able to diagnose any conditions you may have and work out the best course of treatment, and we can see you’re treated by the best pulmonologist in Dubai who specialises in your condition.
What sort of conditions affect the lungs?
If you’re having trouble breathing or have an ongoing cough, chances are you have a problem with your respiratory system and need to see a pulmonologist. Among the many conditions a lung specialist can treat are:
- Aspergillosis – a fungal infection that can spread to other organs and is often an allergic reaction to spores
- Asthma – where the airways narrow and you may experience breathing difficulties
- Bronchitis – often a nagging cough caused by mucus obstructing the airways
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) – a range of progressive and often irreversible lung diseases, which can be managed with the correct treatment
- Cystic Fibrosis – an inherited condition that causes a build-up of mucus in the lungs
- Emphysema – a lung disease usually caused by smoking, leading to shortness of breath and coughing
- Lung cancer – one of the most common forms of cancer, affecting smokers and non-smokers alike
- Pulmonary Hypertension (PH) – high blood pressure in the pulmonary arteries, often causing shortness of breath
- Sarcoidosis – a condition that causes lumps to form on your lungs, usually leading to a cough and shortness of breath
- Sleep apnoea – a disorder that means you intermittently stop breathing as you sleep, which can progress to longer-term complications if left untreated
All of these conditions can be treated and managed by a pulmonology doctor, and we have an expert team on hand to help with your condition.
When should I see a pulmonologist?
Many of us delay seeing a doctor when we need one, but if you have any of the following symptoms, you really should book an appointment and get them checked out:
- A persistent cough that won’t go away despite treatment
- Trouble breathing, especially after exercise but also when at rest
- Chest pain or tightness
- Coughing up blood
- Breathing problems when you sleep, including snoring or wheezing
- A high fever accompanied by chest discomfort
If you are a smoker and need help quitting, a pulmonologist will also be able to help.
What sort of treatment will I receive?
At Dubai London Hospital, we have one of the best pulmonary departments in the region. Our world-leading experts have access to the very latest treatments and technologies, which means they’re able to offer you the very best care and see you on the road to recovery, whatever condition you may be suffering from.
Among the many services we can provide are:
- Pulmonary function tests (spirometry)
- Chest X-rays
- Respiratory allergy tests
- CT scans
- Sleep studies
- Bronchoscopies (the insertion of tiny cameras to view the airways and lungs)
Your pulmonologist will discuss all your options with you after diagnosis to ensure you get the treatment you wish for.
Why Dubai London Hospital?
Our incredible Pulmonology Department is among the best in the UAE, and we employ some of the world’s top lung specialists. With a dedicated team of surgeons, nurses, and support workers, you will be well-cared for at every stage of your treatment and recovery.
We have experience treating all manner of lung conditions, from the routine to the complex, so you’re in good hands when you choose treatment from Dubai London Hospital. For more information on the services, we provide or to book your appointment, simply get in touch with us today.BOOK AN APPOINTMENT