Expert Pain Management from Dubai London Hospital
Pain management is a real skill and must be handled by a qualified and highly experienced professional. Nobody should have to live in pain, whether it’s on a short-term basis or a chronic, ongoing problem. Pain can be debilitating and severely impact your day-to-day life, but with the right pain management and pain management doctor, you can regain your mobility and your physical and mental well-being.
What types of pain are treated at Dubai London Hospital?
Dubai London Hospital can offer a range of pain management services. Among the many conditions we can help with are:
- Acute pain, including pain after an injury, illness or post-surgery
- Chronic arthritis, including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and gout
- Back pain, including degenerative disc diseases, herniated discs, arthritis of the spine, sciatica, scoliosis, whiplash, vertebral compression fractures, and pain following failed back surgery
- Headaches, including migraines, tension headaches, and cluster headaches
- Burns pain, including persistent pain from third-degree burns and acute pain during initial healing
- Muscle and connective tissue pain, including fibromyalgia, temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder, tendonitis, bursitis, repetitive strain injuries, and myofascial pain
- Nerve pain, including complex regional pain syndrome, phantom limb pain, central pain syndrome, trigeminal neuralgia, diabetic neuropathy, and postherpetic pain (pain following a bout of shingles)
- Sports injuries, including sprains, strains, dislocations, fractures, and deep tissue bruising
Pain can be either a short-term or long-term problem, but either way, help is available to give you greater control over it. Sometimes pain has a very obvious source, as in the case of a sudden injury, while other times, it can be harder to diagnose the root cause of the problem. For that reason, our pain management clinic works closely with all other departments in the hospital, to take a multidisciplinary, holistic approach when treating you.
How can pain be treated?
Pain management comes in a variety of forms, and our pain management specialist will be able to work with you to formulate a plan and find the best course of action. Our team specialises in a wide range of pain management techniques, including anaesthesia for a variety of surgeries, neonatal and paediatric anaesthesia, epidurals for childbirth, ultrasonic guided nerve blockades, nerve blocks, and facet joint injections. He is also highly experienced in dispensing mild to strong pain-relieving medication. Other more specialist treatments may include:
- Cold laser therapy – Handheld cold lasers are used to target specific pain points in people suffering from acute or chronic pain, reducing swelling and spasms, eliminating the pain and increasing functionality.
- Electrotherapy – Sticky electrode pads deliver mild pulses of electricity to pain points, reducing pain, increasing circulation and strengthening muscles. The level of stimulation will vary according to the level of pain.
- Neuropathic pain treatment – Targeted treatment for nerves which have become damaged, possibly through an injury, illness, compression, or malfunction.
- Spinal cord stimulation – Small implants on the spine deliver mild electrical pulses to block or modify signals running through the nerves, stopping the pain sensation reaching the brain.
- Treatment for Failed Back Surgery Syndrome – Failed Back Surgery Syndrome (FBSS) is ongoing pain after spinal surgery, usually resulting from a failure to find the cause of pre-existing pain. We provide a range of treatments for FBSS which can help reduce or block the pain.
The sort of treatment our doctors prescribe will very much depend on the nature and severity of your pain. We all experience pain in different ways, but your description of your pain and your preferences for treatment will always be taken into account when devising a care package going forward.
Pain can be treated using a number of methods, and for this reason, we work on a case-by-case basis to learn what works best for you. We truly believe in treating you as an individual with your own personal experience of pain. You are the expert on your body and how you feel, which is why your views and feelings are of paramount importance when it comes to long-term pain management at the Dubai London Hospital.
The most effective pain management Dubai has to offer
Our pain management hospital department is among the best in the region and is overseen by one of the most experienced medical practitioners. The treatment at Dubai London Hospital is very patient-centred, ensuring that you receive a custom-tailored care package to help you manage your symptoms and live as active, healthy, and happy a life as possible.
We understand just how debilitating pain can be on any level. If pain is impacting your daily life and making you unhappy, then seeking medical help can set you on the right path back to full health, allowing you to take control of your pain. Pain can always be managed, so there’s no need to suffer in silence.
Why choose Dubai London Hospital?
Dubai London Hospital has an exemplary track record when it comes to pain management, making us the most widely respected pain management clinic in the UAE. We have successfully treated countless patients and have a positive patient satisfaction score, so you can be confident you’re in safe hands when you choose to be treated with us.
We have ensured that our pain management clinic has all the very latest medical technology, providing staff with access to the very best equipment and medical supplies.
If you’re suffering with pain and require help, then Dubai London Hospital should be your choice for pain management. If you would like more information on the services we provide or wish to book an appointment, please get in touch with us today.BOOK AN APPOINTMENT