Dr. Rajesh is a Specialist Obstetrician & Gynaecologist and an Advanced Gynaecological Laparoscopic Surgeon with over 22 years of experience in his field, across India, the UAE, and Germany. He is one of the UAE’s best known Gynaecologists for his exclusivity and expertise in Advanced Minimal-access Surgery and Laparoscopic Pelvic Reconstructive and Oncological Surgery. He has performed more than 38,000 Laparoscopic Surgeries and holds a key position in his field of expertise. For over 10 years, Dubai London with Dr Rajesh Devassy has been a referral centre for complicated gynaecological diseases for minimal-access surgery. Our expertise spans from simple office surgical procedures performed without anaesthesia to the most complicated surgeries, where minimal-access surgery can only be applied with a high level of expertise. These include failed previous surgeries, redo-surgeries, recurrent or advanced stages of gynaecological diseases, and severe degree sexual/genital reconstructive surgeries.
- Director of Dr. Rajesh Devassy’s Centre of Excellence in Gynaecological Minimal Access Surgery and Oncology.
- Head of the Department of Obstetrics, Gynaecology, minimal-access surgery, and Oncology, Dubai London Clinic & Specialty Hospital, Dubai London Hospital Group, Dubai.
- International Course Director, Pius Hospital , University Hospital for Gynaecology, Carl von Ossietzky-University-Medicine, Oldenburg, Germany.
- Chief Mentor for the ESGE-GESEA accredited gynaecological minimal-access surgery centres in Oldenburg, Germany, and Dubai.
- Ambassador to the European Academy of Gynaecological Surgery – GESEA Programme, covering the WHO South-East Asia region “including Laos, Cambodia, Pakistan, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Brunei.”
- Overseas Advisory Board Member European Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy (ESGE).
- Vice-President Emirates Minimal Invasive Surgery (MIS) Club, Emirates Medical Association.
- Board Member of the Special Interest Group for Robotics Surgery, Oncology, Urogynaecology, Adhesions & Non-invasive Therapy of Benign Uterine wall diseases.
Member of ESGE, IAGE, AMASI & FOGSI and Peer Reviewer of International minimal-access surgery and Onco-Surgery Journals. Dr Devassy strives to educate and promote Minimal-access surgery to every enthusiastic young fraternity. Dr. Devassy is proud and honoured to have been welcomed to the UAE by the Rulers and the community to establish the GESEA Training Centre in the Middle East, with the honour of being one of the only two European Accredited Centre in the Middle East.
Laparoscopic surgeries have been proven safe in the hands of this pioneer of modern endoscopy and are applicable to all fields that deal with organs inside the abdomen, which makes his foreword to enthusiasts and patients of endoscopic surgery, that currently minimal access is the world of surgery, with paramount patient safety proven with commitment and expertise. The following Minimal Access Surgeries are routinely performed on a daily basis at the Dubai London Clinic and Speciality Hospital by Dr. Rajesh Devassy.
Dr. Devassy’s team are GESEA certified or Specialised German Diploma trained ensuring high quality of surgical care for every patient under their care. We perform minimally invasive procedures whenever possible to minimise pain and surgical risk while optimising the outcome of the procedure.